Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How Not To Be Buffalo Hunters

When is our genealogical research like the worst kind of buffalo hunting? Find out in my Archives.com article on why we don't write and how we can, which was published yesterday.




Harold Henderson, "Why We Don't Write and How We Can," 18 December 2012, Archives (http://www.archives.com/experts/henderson-harold/genealogy-writing-tips.html : accessed 18 December 2012).




Harold Henderson, "How Not To Be Buffalo Hunters," Midwestern Microhistory: A Genealogy Blog, posted 19 December 2012 (http://midwesternmicrohistory.blogspot.com : accessed [access date]). [Please feel free to link to the specific post if you prefer.]

2 comments:

Sonja Hunter said...

You are so right! I sometimes feel torn between wanting to find the next piece in the puzzle and writing down what I have while it is fresh in my mind (all while trying to juggle the rest of my life). I need to strive to get more "on paper" because what good is a great story about an ancestor if it stays all in my head. And, of course, writing it down forces me to examine everything more carefully. Thank you also for your book suggestions. Only a Few Bones sounds intriguing.

Harold Henderson said...

You're welcome, Sonja. I think that book has something for everyone!