Saturday, April 14, 2012

Microfilm in Mishawaka! Indiana newspapers uncatalogued

The Indiana State Library has the best collection of Indiana newspapers in the world – check out their guide.

What may well be the second most extensive such collection is in the Heritage Center at the Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library in St. Joseph County, much more conveniently located for those living in northern Indiana (and for those who approach the state from the north). But it is not enumerated on their web site. I have posted my personal list at Midwest Roots.

2 comments:

Jen A said...

Thanks for sharing that tidbit! The last three generations of my dad's side lived in Mishawaka and I had no idea that the library had this resource. I'll be sure and take some time to check it out the next time I go back up there. Thanks again!

Harold Henderson said...

You're welcome, Jennifer. The library has its local newspaper holdings listed on line at
http://www.mphpl.org/newSite/AdultServices/adult_geneaology.html#Newspapers

Good luck!