Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Google Books index by state

The ever-observant Jeanne Bloom, CG, points out Rainy Day Research's index to Google Book Search -- genealogically relevant books (many mug books from the late 1800s) available in full text, organized by state. (RDR also has a line in California newspapers.) I observe 52 titles for Illinois, 27 Indiana, 69 Michigan, 61 Ohio, and 18 Wisconsin -- and not just the usual suspects. This resource will only get better as Google draws more books into its maw.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hello Harold,

Thanks for the link and mention. I would point out that the index is a work in progress, so I always welcome any additions anyone finds. (I do what I can while my toddler naps!) At any rate, the best link for the index is the main page at http://www.rainydayresearch.com/googlebooks.html. Thanks so much!

Brenda said...

Hi Harold,
You've been nominated for the "I Heart Your Blog" award. I wanted to honor Michigan blogs. Congratulations!

I got my award from CA Gen Soc

Brenda
Grand Traverse Area Genealogical Society